Crunchy Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 45g butter or margarine
- 200g (about 30) regular marshmallows
- 150g miniature marshmallows
- 90g creamy peanut butter
- 120g Rice Krispies
- 1 tub of ice cream, softened
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 24 squares.
4. Top 12 of the cereal squares with ice cream. Place remaining squares on top. Individually wrap in plastic wrap. Store in airtight container in freezer for up to 6 weeks.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add peanut butter, stirring until melted. Follow steps 2 to 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.