Crawly Caterpillar Treats
- 45g butter or margarine
- 300g marshmallows
- 180g Rice Krispies
- Assorted sweets/dried fruit/ nuts to decorate
- 140g butter, softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- A few drops food colouring
- You will also need biscuit cutters.
1. In a large saucepan melt the butter over a low heat and add the marshmallows, stir until completely melted. Remove from the heat. Add the Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® and stir well.
2. Using a spatula or wax paper evenly press the mixture into a 15 x 10 x 1 inch tray and allow to cool.
3. Using small round biscuit cutters cut into circles. Place 8 or 9 circles together to form a caterpillar.
4. Decorate with icing and/or sweets/dried fruit/nuts.
To make icing: Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Then add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of the milk. Beat until creamy then add the food colouring and mix well.
Add extra icing sugar to thicken or a little extra milk to make runnier if necessary.
Cook’s note: If you don’t have time to make the icing yourself, you can buy ready –to-use icing in a tube from most big supermarkets
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 to 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.