Gorgeous Christmas present shapes, frosting "wrapping paper" and little licorice bows make this recipe a deliciously thoughtful gift for friends and family around the holidays.
- 45g butter or margarine
- 300g (about 40) marshmallows
- 200g miniature marshmallows
- 180g Rice Krispies
- Assorted sweets/dried fruit/nuts
- Red string liquorice
- 140g butter, softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- A few drops food colouring
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
4. Use icing to fasten stacks of two squares together. Decorate with additional icing and/or sweets/dried fruit/nuts. Tie bows on packages with liquorice, if desired. MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 to 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
To make icing: Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Then add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of the milk. Beat until creamy then add the food colouring and mix well. Add extra icing sugar to thicken or a little extra milk to make more runny if necessary.