- 200g plain flour
- 110g brown sugar (1tbsp extra for the apples)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 110g cold butter or margarine, cut into cubes
- 5 cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 60g Rice Krispies
1. In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar and cinnamon.
2. Add the margarine/ butter and lightly rub together until it looks like coarse bread crumbs.
3. Stir in the Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® and set aside.
4. Take the apples and place them in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish and spread out evenly, cover with 1 tbsp brown sugar.
5. Sprinkle over the cereal mixture and bake at 190°C/ gas mark 5/ 375°F for about 40 minutes or until apples are tender.
6. Serve warm or cold with yoghurt if desired.