Wheat Bran & Raisin Muffins
Hearty, moist and the perfect amount of sweetness from a handful of Raisins
- 150g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60g Kellogg's All-Bran Original cereal
- 300 ml milk
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 5tbsp golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 80g raisins
Makes : 12 muffins
1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let sit for about 5 minutes, until cereal is softened. Add oil, molasses and egg. Mix well. Stir in raisins.
3. Add flour mixture, stir until combined. Portion batter evenly into 12 lightly greased or paper-lined 6 cm muffin -pan cups.
4. Bake at 200°C 20-22 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Variation: Add 1 tsp ground cinnamon and 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg to flour
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. Please also check the best before dates. Ingredients should not be consumed raw. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's products. Results with other products may vary
→ 9 out of 10 of us don't get the fibre we need. A 40g serving of Kellogg's All-Bran Original gives you about 1/3 of your recommended daily fibre intake.*
Disclaimer;* 9 in 10 adults (19-64 yrs) in the UK, and over 4 in 5 adults in Ireland don’t meet fibre recommendations (NDNS: results from years 9 to 11 (2016 to 2017 and 2018 to 2019); IUNA National Adult Nutrition Survey 2008-2010). A (40g) bowl of All-Bran Original provides 11g fibre: 36% of the 30g/day SACN recommendation (UK) / 44% of the 25g/day EFSA recommendation (Ireland).
→ Wheat bran fibre is a superior fibre scientifically proven to fuel your gut**
Disclaimer;**Wheat bran fibre is a superior fibre in relation to its efficacy in accelerating intestinal transit and has the most scientific evidence. 10g wheat bran fibre daily contributes to an acceleration of intestinal transit. All-Bran Original 11g per serving. Enjoy as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.