Very Cherry Treats
- 45g butter or margarine
- 300g (about 40) regular marshmallows
- 200g miniature marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons cherry flavouring
- 1 teaspoon red food colouring (optional)
- 180g Rice Krispies®
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cherry flavouring and food colouring (if desired).
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal and dried cherries. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add cherry flavouring and food colouring (if desired), stirring until combined. Follow steps 2 and 3 abov