Tomato and Celery Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, skinned and crushed
- 3 celery sticks, trimmed and sliced
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1200ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 50g All-Bran
- Pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh thyme, to garnish
1. Heat the oil and cook the onion, garlic and celery over a low heat for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, All-Bran, thyme and stock.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
4. Then puree the soup in a blender or food processor, season to taste and serve garnish with fresh thyme or parsley.