Robin’s Egg Nest Treats
- ¼ tsp water
- 2-4 drops food colouring
- 90g flaked coconut
- 45g butter or margarine
- 300g marshmallows
- 180g Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®
- Decorate with M&M’s/ sweets/ dried fruit/ nuts.
1. In a small bowl stir together water and green food colouring. Add the coconut and stir until completely tinted. Spread on a baking tray to dry.
2. In a large saucepan melt the butter over a low heat and add the marshmallows. Stir until completely melted and then remove from the heat.
3. Add the Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® to the pan and stir until well coated.
4. Divide the mixture into a sixteen-hole muffin cake tin and shape into individual cups. Leave to set and then remove from muffin tin.
5. Fill the cooled nests with the coconut and /or M&M’s/ sweets/dried fruit/nuts.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Follow step one above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 through 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.