Rice Krispies Treats® Snowmen
- 45g butter or margarine
- 300g marshmallows
- 180g Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®
- Assorted sweets/dried fruit/ nuts/ chocolate to decorate.
- 140g butter, softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
1. In a large saucepan melt the butter over a low heat and add the marshmallows, stir until completely melted. Remove from the heat.
2. Add the Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® and stir until coated.
3. Using a spatula or wax paper, evenly press the mixture into 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking tray and allow to cool.
4. Using biscuit cutters cut out eight 7cm circles, eight 5cm circles, eight 3cm circles. Attach with icing.
5. Decorate with icing and/or sweets/dried fruit/nuts and place a chocolate on the top for a hat.
To make icing: Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Then add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of the milk. Beat until creamy then add the food colouring and mix well.
Add extra icing sugar to thicken or a little extra milk to make runnier if necessary.
Cook’s note: If you don’t have time to make the icing yourself, you can buy ready –to-use icing in a tube from most big supermarkets
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.