Rice Krispie Treats® on a Stick
- 45g butter or margarine
- 300g marshmallows
- Food colouring
- 180g Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®
- Flaked coconut/ Sprinkles/ Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® 0042 to decorate
- 140g butter, softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- A few drops food colouring
- You will also need 12 wooden ice cream sticks
1. In a large saucepan melt the butter over low heat and then add the marshmallows, stir until completely melted. Remove from the heat.
2. Stir in the food colouring and Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®.
3. Divide the cereal mixture into portions and insert a wooden stick. Allow to cool.
4. Decorate with icing, and/ coconut/ sprinkles/ Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®.
To make icing: Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Then add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of the milk. Beat until creamy then add the food colouring and mix well.
Add extra icing sugar to thicken or a little extra milk to make runnier if necessary.
Cook’s note: If you don’t have time to make the icing yourself, you can buy ready –to-use icing in a tube from most big supermarkets
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.