- 45g butter or margarine
- 300g marshmallows
- 180g Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®
- Assorted sweets/dried fruit/ nuts/ Pretzels to decorate
- 140g butter, softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- A few drops food colouring
1. In a saucepan melt the butter over a low heat and then add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from the heat.
2. Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® and stir until completely coated.
3. Using a spatula or wax proof paper, evenly press the mixture into a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking tray and leave to cool.
4. Using the biscuit cutters cut out twelve 7cm circles and twelve 3cm circles.
5. Use the icing to attach one small circle on top of one larger circle. Then use any remaining cereal mixture to form ears.
6. Break the pretzels to form the antlers and then decorate the facial features with icing.
To make icing: Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Then add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of the milk. Beat until creamy then add the food colouring and mix well.
Add extra icing sugar to thicken or a little extra milk to make runnier if necessary.
Cook’s note: If you don’t have time to make the icing yourself, you can buy ready –to-use icing in a tube from most big supermarkets
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 6 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.