Raisin Buttermilk Scones
These rich scones come together easily – perfectly comforting on a cold day or to share with friends’
- 20 g plain flour
- 25g granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60g butter
- 250 ml buttermilk or soured milk**
- 60g Kellogg's All-Bran Flakes cereal
- 123g raisins or currants (optional)
- Sprinkle granulated sugar (Optional)
Makes : 8 large scones
1. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Using a fork, cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
2. Stir together buttermilk and cereal. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal is softened.
3. Stir cereal into dry ingredients until mixture comes together. On floured surface, knead dough gently 9 or 10 times. Transfer to lightly-greased baking sheet. Place dough on tray in 8 round shapes around 1 cm thick, separated around the tray. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
4. Bake at 220°C 13-15 minutes or just until light golden brown. Serve warm.
** To sour milk, place 15 ml (1 tbsp) vinegar or lemon juice in measuring cup and add milk to make 250 ml ; let stand 5 minutes.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. Please also check the best before dates. Ingredients should not be consumed raw. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's products. Results with other products may vary
→ Wheat bran fibre is a superior fibre scientifically proven to fuel your gut**
Disclaimer;**Wheat bran fibre is a superior fibre in relation to its efficacy in accelerating intestinal transit and has the most scientific evidence. 10g wheat bran fibre daily contributes to an acceleration of intestinal transit. Bran Flakes 3.7g per serving. Enjoy as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.