Oriental Style Beef and Vegetables Recipe
- 225g tin pineapple in natural juice
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 450g sirloin steak (cut into thin strips)
- 100g All-Bran
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 450g stir fry vegetables (peppers, onions, baby sweetcorn, beansprouts)
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice and set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice, the ginger, soy sauce and garlic.
3. Add the beef and thoroughly coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. Crush the All-Bran into fine crumbs and coat the beef with cereal. Then set aside.
5. In a small bowl, combine the cornflour, remaining pineapple juice and 30ml water and set aside.
6. Using a wok or frying pan, stir-fry vegetables in a small amount of oil for a couple of minutes – it’s important that they stay crunchy. Then take them out of the wok.
7. Put the coated beef in the wok and stir-fry in oil until browned.
8. Pour the cornflour mixture over the beef and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
9. Add pineapple and vegetables. Bring to the boil once more.
10. Serve with rice or noodles.