Nuts About Fruit Cake
- 45g butter or margarine
- 300g marshmallows
- 180g Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®
- 120g dried mixed fruit
- 50g pecans, chopped
- 6 maraschino cherries
- 1 tbsp orange or apple juice
1. In a large saucepan melt the butter over a low heat and add the marshmallows. Stir until completely melted then remove from heat.
2. Add the Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®, fruit and pecans. Stir until well coated.
3. Press the mixture into six 4 x ½ x 2 ½ inch tray and leave to cool.
4. Once cooled remove from the tray and cut each cherry into 5 slivers. Arrange the slivers in the shape of a flower on top of each loaf.
5. Spoon the orange juice over the loaves and leave to stand for 1 hour.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.