Lovely Locket Treats
- 45g butter or margarine
- 300g marshmallows
- 180g Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®
- Assorted sweets/dried fruit/ nuts to decorate
- 140g butter, softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- A few drops food colouring
1. In a large saucepan melt the butter over a low heat and add the marshmallows and then stir until completely melted. Remove from the heat.
2. Add the Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® and coat in the marshmallow mixture.
3. Using a spatula or wax proof paper, evenly press the mixture into 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan and allow to cool slightly. Using heart shaped biscuit cutters cut out heart shapes.
4. Decorate as a locket with icing, and/or sweets/dried fruit/nuts. Attach liquorish strings for the locket chains.
To make icing: Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Then add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of the milk. Beat until creamy then add the food colouring and mix well.
Add extra icing sugar to thicken or a little extra milk to make runnier if necessary.
Cook’s note: If you don’t have time to make the icing yourself, you can buy ready –to-use icing in a tube from most big supermarkets
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.