Itsy, Bitsy, Spooky Spiders
- 45g butter or margarine
- 300g (about 40) marshmallows
- 200g miniature marshmallows
- 180g Rice Krispies®
- Food colouring
- Assorted sweets/dried fruit/nuts
- 140g butter, softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- a few drops food colouring
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in food colouring, if desired. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Cool slightly.
3. Using buttered hands shape cereal mixture into eight spiders. Cool. Decorate with icing and/or sweets/dried fruit/nuts to make monster faces.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary. To make icing: Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Then add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of the milk. Beat until creamy then add the food colouring and mix well. Add extra icing sugar to thicken or a little extra milk to make more runny if necessary.