Hidden Surprise Easter Egg Treats
- 45g butter or margarine
- 300g marshmallows
- 180g Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®
- 80g M&M’s
- Decorate with M&M’s/ sweets/ dried fruit/ nuts.
- Glace Icing:
- 280g icing sugar
- Few drops of water to mix
- A few drops food colouring
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from the heat.
2. Add the Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® to the pan and stir until well coated.
3. Using greased hands, shape the mixture into 24 egg halves (so in total you will have 12 whole eggs). Using your fingers make a hollow centre in each egg half. Place on wax paper and leave to cool slightly.
4. Place a few M&M’s in one half of each of each egg and then gently press the two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
5. Decorate with icing and /or M&M’s/ sweets/dried fruit/nuts.
To make icing: Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add a few drops of water at a time, mixing each time. Continue doing this until you get the desired thickness. It will soon become very runny so make sure you don’t add too much water too quickly. Mix until smooth and add the food colouring.
If the mixture goes too runny then simply add a bit more icing sugar.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.