Garden Fresh Lasagne Recipe
- 1 tin tomatoes with their juice
- 140g tomato puree
- 100g mushrooms (sliced)
- 100g onions (diced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 50g Kellogg's All-Bran
- 320g ricotta cheese (can use cottage cheese)
- 150g lasagne sheets
- 360g defrosted frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons of grated low fat cheddar cheese/parmesan cheese (to sprinkle on the top, low fat if possible)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C or Gas mark 5.
2. Combine the tomatoes and tomato puree in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms, onions, garlic and herbs. Season with pepper and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Combine half of the Kellogg's All-Bran with the ricotta cheese in a mixing bowl.
4. Lightly grease a medium sized oven proof dish.
5. Place a layer of lasagne sheets in the bottom of the dish. Using about half of each ingredient, make a layer of spinach, then the tomato sauce, and finally a layer of cheese mix (from step 3). In the same order make two complete layers.
6. Topping - sprinkle with a layer of grated cheese and the remaining Kellogg's All-Bran.
7. Loosely cover the entire dish with aluminium foil and place in a preheated oven. Bake for 35 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the lasagne is bubbling and the cheese has melted.
8. Remove from oven and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.