Dried Fruit and Cereal Bars
These no-bake bars can easily be customized –simply add your favourite dried fruit or nuts.
- 8 tbsp golden syrup
- 60g packed brown sugar
- 60g butter or margarine
- 180g Kellogg's Bran Flakes cereal
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- 82g chopped mixed dried fruit (such as: apricots, dates, apples, raisins, cranberries, sour cherries)
Makes : 18 bars
1. In large saucepan, combine golden syrup, brown sugar and butter. Stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and sugar is dissolved; continue cooking and stirring for 1 minute longer. Remove from heat, stir in cereal, orange rind and dried fruit mixture.
2. Firmly press mixture into 23 cm square baking pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Let cool completely, cut into bars. Store in airtight containers.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. Please also check the best before dates. Ingredients should not be consumed raw. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's products. Results with other products may vary
→ Wheat bran fibre is a superior fibre scientifically proven to fuel your gut**
Disclaimer;**Wheat bran fibre is a superior fibre in relation to its efficacy in accelerating intestinal transit and has the most scientific evidence. 10g wheat bran fibre daily contributes to an acceleration of intestinal transit. Bran Flakes 3.7g per serving. Enjoy as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.