Double Coated Chicken
- 200ml semi skimmed milk
- 150g Kellogg's Corn Flakes
- 4 skinless chicken breasts/pieces (rinsed and patted dry):
- 1 large egg:
- Pinch of pepper:
- 100g flour
1. Preheat oven to 180°C or Gas Mark 4.
2. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil or slightly greased with margarine.
3. Place the Kellogg's Corn Flakes in a resealable plastic bag. Seal the bag and, using a rolling pin, crush the flakes into a fine crumb.
4. Place the crumbs in a shallow dish or pan.
5. Combine the egg and milk in a mixing bowl and beat slightly. Add the flour and pepper and mix until smooth.
6. Working with one piece at a time, dip the chicken into the batter and then coat the battered piece with cereal crumbs.
7. Place the coated chicken into the batter again and then coat the battered piece with cereal crumbs.
8. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for about 1 hour (or until chicken is tender and no longer pink and juices run clear).
9. Do not cover tray or turn the chicken while baking.
10. Remove from oven and serve hot.