Crunchy Shepherd's Pie
- 50g Special K Original
- 400g freshly minced beef
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 200g mushrooms sliced or quartered
- 1 carrot
- 800g potatoes, diced
- Margarine or milk for mashed potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 180°C or Gas Mark 4.
2. Add the potatoes to a pan of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes until soft.
3. Put the mince in a large frying pan and dry fry.
4. Add the onion and mushroom and cook for 10 minutes until the meat is cooked through.
5. Add the carrot and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Remove the potatoes from the heat and mash, adding margarine/milk if required.
7. Empty the meat into an oven proof dish and mix with half the Kellogg's Special K.
8. Layer the mashed potatoes on top and place the dish in the oven for 20 minutes.
9. Sprinkle the remaining Kellogg's Special K over the potatoes.
10. Return to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes.