Cocoa Banana Bran Muffins
You’ll be smitten with these muffins filled with one of the very best flavour pairings – bananas and Cocoa
- 95g Kellogg's All-Bran Original Cereal
- 175ml milk
- 120g plain flour
- 90g lightly packed brown sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda and salt
- 1 egg
- 50 ml rapeseed oil
- 3 large very ripe bananas (reserve 12 thin slices, mash remainder)
Makes : 12 muffins
1. In medium bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let stand for about 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. Add egg, oil and mashed bananas to cereal mixture; beat well. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring only until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Portion batter evenly into 10 cm non-stick muffin pan cups, lightly coated with cooking spray. Top each cup with a reserved banana slice.
4. Bake in 200°C oven for 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
Tip: These delicious, decadent muffins are especially good if eaten while they are still warm from the oven! If you reheat them from room temperature in the microwave oven, they just need about 20 seconds per muffin at a gentle heat setting (medium or medium low)
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. Please also check the best before dates. Ingredients should not be consumed raw. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's products. Results with other products may vary
→ 9 out of 10 of us don't get the fibre we need. A 40g serving of Kellogg's All-Bran Original gives you about 1/3 of your recommended daily fibre intake.*
Disclaimer;* 9 in 10 adults (19-64 yrs) in the UK, and over 4 in 5 adults in Ireland don’t meet fibre recommendations (NDNS: results from years 9 to 11 (2016 to 2017 and 2018 to 2019); IUNA National Adult Nutrition Survey 2008-2010). A (40g) bowl of All-Bran Original provides 11g fibre: 36% of the 30g/day SACN recommendation (UK) / 44% of the 25g/day EFSA recommendation (Ireland).
→ Wheat bran fibre is a superior fibre scientifically proven to fuel your gut**
Disclaimer;**Wheat bran fibre is a superior fibre in relation to its efficacy in accelerating intestinal transit and has the most scientific evidence. 10g wheat bran fibre daily contributes to an acceleration of intestinal transit. All-Bran Original 11g per serving. Enjoy as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.