Apricot Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 350g apricot preserve
- 2 tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 8 boned skinned chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 100g celery, chopped
- 100g finely chopped onions
- 50g sliced mushrooms
- 150ml chicken stock
- 225g chopped water chestnuts
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp sage
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- 150g All Bran Original
1. Combine the apricot preserve, mayonnaise, ketchup and dry mustard and set aside for the sauce. Place a chicken breast between waxed paper and pound to 1/8 inch thickness, being careful not to tear the meat. Repeat with all 8 breasts and set aside.
2. Heat oil in medium-sized frying pan. Add mushrooms, onions and celery, stirring frequently cook over medium heat until tender.
3. Combine the chicken stock and All-Bran and let stand for about 1 minute (or until cereal absorbs stock).
4. Mix in the vegetables, water chestnuts, salt, pepper and sage.
5. Place a ¼ cup filling onto each chicken breast and roll up, folding the ends in so none of the yummy goodness escapes.
6. Place the breasts seam-side down in a 12 x 8 inch shallow baking dish. Cover chicken rolls with the sauce.
7. Bake uncovered at 180 °C (350 °F) gas mark 4, for about 45 minutes until chicken is tender.