Almond & Poppy Seed Loaf
The subtle almond flavour of this loaf makes it a cup of tea’s irresistible companion
- 40g Kellogg's All-Bran Original cereal
- 180g plain flour
- 100g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 250ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 75 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 ml or 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 75g chopped toasted almonds
Makes : 14 slices
1. In medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, mix together cereal and milk. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
3. Stir in eggs, oil, vanilla and almond extract. Add almonds and flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
4. Spread batter evenly in 22 x 11 cm loaf pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Bake at 180°C for about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. Please also check the best before dates. Ingredients should not be consumed raw. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's products. Results with other products may vary
→ 9 out of 10 of us don't get the fibre we need. A 40g serving of Kellogg's All-Bran Original gives you about 1/3 of your recommended daily fibre intake.*
Disclaimer;* 9 in 10 adults (19-64 yrs) in the UK, and over 4 in 5 adults in Ireland don’t meet fibre recommendations (NDNS: results from years 9 to 11 (2016 to 2017 and 2018 to 2019); IUNA National Adult Nutrition Survey 2008-2010). A (40g) bowl of All-Bran Original provides 11g fibre: 36% of the 30g/day SACN recommendation (UK) / 44% of the 25g/day EFSA recommendation (Ireland).
→ Wheat bran fibre is a superior fibre scientifically proven to fuel your gut**
Disclaimer;**Wheat bran fibre is a superior fibre in relation to its efficacy in accelerating intestinal transit and has the most scientific evidence. 10g wheat bran fibre daily contributes to an acceleration of intestinal transit. All-Bran Original 11g per serving. Enjoy as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.