All Bran Scones Recipe
A high-fibre twist on a tea time classic. But will you opt for jam first, or cream first?
Want to add some more healthy sweetness? Try adding raisins to our All-Bran Scones Recipe for a fruity treat.
- 140g wholemeal/white flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 30g margarine
- 2 small eggs
- 80ml semi skimmed milk
- 30g All Bran Original
1. Preheat oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, Kellogg's All-Bran, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
3. Beat together the eggs and milk. Add to flour mixture. Stir until well mixed. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
4. Roll out dough until 1/2 inch thick. Cut with 2 inch biscuit cutter. Place scones in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.