All-Bran Fruit Loaf Recipe
Rich, spicy, and fruity, your great-grandmother’s recipe has had a high-fibre update.
- margarine for greasing the loaf tin
- 100g self raising flour
- 300ml skimmed milk
- 275g mixed dried fruit
- 150g caster sugar
- 100g All-Bran Original
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
2. Put Kellogg's All-Bran, sugar and dried fruit into a basin and mix them well together.
3. Stir in milk and leave All-Bran mixture to stand for half an hour.
4. Sieve in the flour, mixing well, and pour mixture into a well greased 2lb (900g) loaf tin.
5. Bake for about 1 hour.
6. Turn out of tin immediately, and allow to cool.
7. Cut into slices and, if liked, spread with butter.