A delicious savoury bread that’s high in fibre. All-Bran and peanuts add a delightfully crunchy texture. Serving soup? Our Nutty Garlic Bread Recipe is the perfect accompaniment. Try pairing it with our Bean and Pasta Soup.
Going Shopping Send recipe to your mobile by E-mail
1. Put the All-Bran into a large bowl with half the water. Stand for 5 minutes then stir in the flour, sugar, salt, oil and yeast. Mix together with the remaining water to form a soft dough.
2. Knead the dough for 10 minutes until it’s smooth. Place in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a clean, damp tea towel.
3. Leave the bowl in a warm place for 30 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in volume.
4. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured board and knead for a further 5 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 3 pieces.
6. Mix together all the remaining ingredients.
7. Roll each piece of dough into a rectangle about 30 x 20cm.
8. Spread the garlic butter mixture over the rolled dough.
9. Starting from one long edge, roll up each piece of dough- swiss roll fashion, to form a long sausage.
10. Place each loaf, seam edge downward, onto lightly greased baking trays.
11. Stand the loaves in a warm place for 30 minutes.
12. Brush each loaf with milk to glaze and bake in a pre-heated oven, 220 °C (425 °F) gas mark 7, for 15-20 minutes or until the loaves are golden brown.
13. Serve the loaves warm, cutting into slices to show the mouth-watering garlic filling.
Why not visit and explore our brands’ sitesCheck out Kellogg’s other sites >